Happy New Year! Thank you to all our clients and candidates over the last 12 months. 2021 was a year of many challenges, and we are incredibly grateful for your continued support.
As we move towards a candidate’s market in 2022, we thought you’d like to hear our top recruitment trends for 2022 that will help you quickly fill roles with top-quality candidates.
- Hybrid and remote work isn’t going anywhere. Working from home will be normalised, although there will be less take-up as the value of closer team working becomes more obvious (& necessary to drive productivity gains).
- Movement in the Market – as corporate transactions continue to grow, cultural changes will encourage employees to swap jobs.
- Wage costs will be driven up due to the shortage of available labour.
- Workforce Growth – supply chain issues that beset the economy in 2021 will start to ease, fueling growth and hiring.
Co-Founder, Chilworth Partnership & Venture Recruitment Partners
- The increasing importance of Employer Branding. Companies need to showcase their employer brand, what they stand for and how they embody their values in their everyday culture.
- Good Recruitment Agencies will be essential. The need for businesses to work with robust and effective recruiters who can demonstrate creativity and innovative techniques that attract good quality candidates will increase. Exclusivity will also become more prevalent.
- Increase in part-time roles. Similar benefits to WFH, candidates will also be seeking the flexibility of part-time work that will help them create a more optimum work-life balance.
- Investment in enhanced training and development – hiring managers will need to take on more people with transferrable skills, potential and who align with the company’s vision – rather than hiring experienced staff with specific skills, so more investment will be needed in enhanced training and development for new candidates.
Please do get in touch with us, whether you are seeking a new opportunity, a new addition to your team, or a friendly chat with an experienced recruiter.
Best wishes for a safe, healthy, and happy 2022,
Richard Carter & Rod Hutchings