Strategy is part of the toolkit which every senior executive should be equipped with, knowing not only how to develop strategy but also how to ensure successful implementation.
Date: Wednesday 27th January 2021
Time: 13:00-15:30 (UTC)
Topic: Strategy Reimagined
Guest Speaker: Dr. Jeff Callander – an experienced adviser, business school lecturer, facilitator, and designer of learning programmes, specialising in strategy.
Hosted via Zoom
If you would like to attend as our guest, free of charge, please email Ruth Snell at email@example.com
The pandemic has exposed many faults in the business world, one of those is how strategy is thought of. Strategy has been perceived as a concept, devoid of the challenges of business and the stakeholders upon which the success of the business depends. Reimagining strategy takes into account that strategy is a leadership tool, not a function or activity. It is part of the toolkit which every senior executive should be equipped with, knowing not only how to develop strategy but also how to ensure successful implementation.
This session will demonstrate that creating purpose, setting goals and choosing strategies that are externalised and fact based, ensures every employee is engaged and able to contribute to the goals. It will also seek to show the value of strategy in developing agility, resilience and a strategic mindset within the organisation to identify opportunities and manage risk, build stakeholder engagement and enabling stress testing of your business to survive, revive and thrive in the future.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Following this workshop, you will be able to:
- Challenge your concept of strategy
- See how strategy is a leadership tool
- Allow you to reimagine the perception of strategy in your business
Content & Learning Styles
- The workshop will combine research findings with unique insights and thought-provoking presentations to stimulate in-depth discussions.
- Peer learning is a big part of the day and you will be given every opportunity to share ideas and learn not only from the speaker but also, from others in the group.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- How the concept of strategy in business has evolved
- Examine potential barriers of your current approach to strategy
- Create actions that will keep your strategy on track or get it back on track
- Reinvigorate your strategy to have a positive effect on the organisation and performance
Speaker Profile: Dr Jeff Callander
Jeff Callander is an experienced adviser, business school lecturer, facilitator, and designer of learning programmes, specialising in strategy. Having also recently sold his oilfield engineering company of more than 25 years, Jeff has hands-on experience as a director.
Jeff is a thought leader in viewing “strategy as a leadership tool”. He challenges clients, improving their commercial results, with particular focus on enabling businesses to develop insight about where value is created for their customers and their organisation. He has a unique set of skills to support businesses and assist business leaders in providing direction for their organisations. Having grown up in Latin America, Jeff is multi-lingual in Portuguese and Spanish, and has truly worldwide experience having performed field audits, run workshops, and worked in over 50 countries spanning more than 160 assignments.
Jeff has recently completed his doctorate (DBA) at the University of Southampton, researching the key elements in goal-setting, at a business level, that affect employee engagement.