£20,000-23,000 + benefits
Established in 2010 by Richard Carter and Rod Hutchings, two experienced recruiters with extensive start-up experience, Chilworth Partnership is a £multimillion turnover recruitment agency specialising in executive and leadership roles for accountants. Venture Recruitment Partners, its sister brand, was launched in 2013 and specialises in finance roles at all levels up to executive level.
During the COVID pandemic, the business fared remarkably well, growing market-share and maintaining profitability. Consequently, we are seeking to offer training opportunities which will provide an insight into the business world and how recruitment works with a training package that has helped previous incumbents to become shareholders and senior leaders within our business.
Working within recruitment will eventually enable you to have a high-degree of autonomy – it is like running your own business – with uncapped earnings potential.
Initially a support role to the recruitment teams you will split your time equally between learning and mastering the operational details of a recruitment business whilst providing support to the consulting/professional teams. The first twelve months of the role are likely to involve:
- Administrative support including answering the phone and learning about customer service; using social media and job boards to advertise active vacancies; managing incoming responses to adverts, including replying to each, and ensuring GDPR compliance; keeping records on our CRM/database up to date; retyping/reformatting candidate CVs to present to clients; preparing presentations in various media.
- Candidate updates – speaking with active candidates about their job searches, providing help where possible and relaying valuable market intel to the consultants.
- Resourcing – finding new candidates through CV databases and revisiting previous candidates from our own CV database.
- Recruitment – assisting consultants to contact active candidates about live roles we are handling, ascertaining their interest and liaising with clients to arrange interviews. Assisting consultants to prepare for client meetings, attending these where necessary and helping to understand more about our clients’ businesses. Assisting with candidate meetings, including participation in question-asking, and building rapport.
- Job boards – building a relationship with our account managers and learning how to get the best from the boards.
- Customer Focussed
- Driven, with a strong work-ethic
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work well under pressure
- Quick learner
- Emotional intelligence
- Endeavour to self-improve
- Ability to be persistent and overcome objections
- Confidence and great communication skills
- Professional manner
- Ambitious to progress
- Strong team worker
- Well organised, punctual and with good time management skills
- Smart and presentable, with a professional manner
- Familiar with Office 365
- Driving licence with access to car
What to expect:
- The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding. It can also be exceptionally well-rewarded, based on individual performance – previous holders of these roles have become Associate Directors and Senior Consultants within our business – and you must have the ambition to do likewise
- Work is office-based but time is also spent outside the office: meeting with clients, interviewing candidates and attending networking events
- A smart personal appearance is crucial as the role involves meetings with clients and conducting interviews with candidates daily
- An ability to multi-task is essential as one minute you will be focusing on administrative tasks and the next on sales or business development